Massage therapy of all disciplines provides numerous benefits for our Mid-Michigan clients. Here is a brief description of the benefits and the reasons why massage therapy is so effective.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Relieves pain, stiffness and discomfort: Massage is a direct form of therapy which goes to exactly where the issues reside. By dealing with the problems directly and naturally, without the use of medication, the muscles are not only relieved but are brought back to the time before the issue arose.
- Increases mobility: Years of repetitive activity can lock the body into a routine which limits your range of motion. By performing a variety of massage techniques and stretches the muscles ‘wake up’ and begin to increase their range of motion.
- Improves circulation: The circulatory system is intertwined with the muscles. Thus, restoring the proper function of the muscles opens up the blood vessels and increases blood flow; a very important part of any well-functioning body.
- Detoxifies your system: Sometimes the body holds toxins in specific areas due to physical trauma and strain. By working these problem areas, the toxins are released back into the blood stream where the body eliminates them.
- Promotes relaxation: A well-functioning muscular and circulatory system free of physical tension indicates to the mind that things are going well. When your body feels relaxed the brain receives signals that positive chemicals should be released, thus increasing the well-being of both body and mind.
- Decrease anxiety: Anxiety is a physiological issue but the body often house anxiety in its muscle structure. By clearing the pathways and realigning the muscles your mind is told by your body that the physical cues which indicate anxiety have been removed. This cuts the vicious cycle of anxiety creating physical
GENERAL BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
Appointments: (989) 450-0363